1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

knuckleboom crane

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnboy82, Oct 3, 2001.

1. lawnboy82

lawnboy82 Banned

Do any of you guys have plow trucks equiped with knuckleboom cranes? I was just wondering if you can lift up a larger sander with one and put it on the truck bed from the ground.

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Most sanders even the large ones are still under 1000lbs. I mean a non-municipal sander I think you should be able to lift that much.

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Anyone that has a sander big enough that you can't lift it with a chain fall. Probably has a loader or something big enough to load the sander. Even my v-box for my F 650 weighs undere 1500 lbs.

Geoff

4. Jakegypsum

Jakegypsum Guest

Most knuckle boom cranes should be able to pick up around 2000 lbs. If it is along the line of a roofing boom type crane, then there should be no problem. Jake.

5. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

sure, we do it all the time. depends on the boom as to what it can pick up and of course the slings that you use. We use Prentice loaders and are able to handle the sanders loaded with salt too although this isn't the desired operation. The object is to leave the yard with the right amount of material so that you return empty, second most important thing is to use the pressure washer and clean out the residue after each use.