1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Knox ice melter

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by clncut, Nov 12, 2007.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Can anyone tell me what temperature Knox Ice Melter is effective to. I cant seem to find it anyone but I thought I read somewhere it was 25 degrees. Im thining of purchasing this product for some driveways and walks due to its "safe for concrete and grass" statement but dont want to purchase it if its non-effective at lower temps.

Any help or suggestions would be great.
    Thanks
    John

2. JFSV

JFSV Junior Member

I looked at the website, they don't give a specific answer to that question. Have you ever looked at Professional Ice Melter? It is safer to vegetation and concrete.

3. SnowMelt2006

SnowMelt2006 Member

Knox is a fertilizer manufacturer.

They used to blend KCL and urea to make their ice melters. Not the best combination.

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

if they dont tell you what it goes down to chances are its not gonna be as effective as other products that do make a statement.

5. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone know of a good product for resi drives and walks that states they are safe for concrete and grass here in indiana?

6. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

just use nitrate it is like $250 per ton and you have to aplie a little more of it but it's readily available and you can charg'em for fertilizing the yard at the same time?

7. phishoook

phishoook Member

Made in Knox Indiana by Shaw's Fertilizers.

8. JFSV

JFSV Junior Member

9. caf4055

caf4055 Junior Member
    from indiana

Knox Ice Melt Products

Knox uses salt, kcl and mag chloride only in their products. They never use urea. The Knox Ice Melt work to about 15 degrees and their Remove product works to about 5 degrees above. Their products are a very uniform product that spreads well and works great. They have a distibutor in Northern Indiana that is one of the largest disributors in the midwest.

10. caf4055

caf4055 Junior Member
    from indiana

Knox Ice melt

Knox uses salt, kcl and mag chloride only in their products. They never use urea. The Knox Ice Melt work to about 15 degrees and their Remove product works to about 5 degrees above. Their products are a very uniform product that spreads well and works great. They have a distibutor in Northern Indiana that is one of the largest disributors in the midwest.