1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Knowing Real Stress

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cycleman, Jan 28, 2016.

1. cycleman

cycleman Junior Member

Having plowing contracts for the season I have been really stressed since I disconnected my battery Tuesday to work on the engine and then when I reconnected it I found out my plow controller would not work (power button kept blinking). I called the nearest Western dealer since he was the closest.
    He looked at it the next day, called 2 different people and could not find the problem. I have called the 4 numbers of the nearest Fisher Authorized Dealers within a 200 mile radius. One never called me back. One called me back this morning but after answering a few questions said he couldn't guarantee he could fix it and probable shouldn't bring the plow down. The other 2 were the same franchise but at different locations. The first referred me to a person at the second location. He has been very willing to help me out but the soonest he can look at it is Monday. I will make the 200 mile trip and be there at 7:30AM!! LUCKY the weather has/is on my side with warmer weather.
    Obviously 1) the controller is not commuting which is a wiring problem I/we can't find even with RepoMan207 suggestions. OR
    2)The system went into locked mode - which I have never put in a security code but did try to manually unlock which did nothing. The manual says in the event snowplow is locked and cannot be manually unlocked or reset to contact your Authorized Distributor. (I am hopeful it can be fixed and if it is the security lock that somewhere in Fisher manual it tells the dealer how to unlock)

2. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Why are you stressing if the weather seems to be good? Don't stress unless you need to. You'll get it figured out. I'm sure someone on here will know what the issue is.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

One of our Fisher hand held controller started acting up the other day, the power button would just blink and nothing would work unless he shut the controller off and back on. Long story short the controller was bad, luckily it was under warranty and got new guts for the controller and all has been fine since.

5. cycleman

cycleman Junior Member

Wish my problem was that easy. My controller just blinks all the time. Turn off then on and still blinks. The Western dealer (same harness) tried his and it did the same thing, so new controller would not solve my problem.

6. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

Plow side module.

7. cycleman

cycleman Junior Member

Hopefully he can test this Monday and have replacement. That is what I was thinking or the "motor relay kit Fleet Flex".

8. cycleman

cycleman Junior Member

It can only happen to me. Found out my problem WAS the plow mod. Dealer said this was the first time he has seen a bad one. Now, I live in NC where it snows, but not like I had it when I lived in upstate NY. Plow has always been in the garage when not plowing. To sum it up I hate all the electronics that are now on the plows!