1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Know where i can get some lighted Plow markers?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow man Foster, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Ok well i got a buddy who could use some lighted plow markers....
    I have 2 problems though....

one they have to be at least 3'
    And two: i dont know where i can find them...

Can you guys help?
  2. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

There was a thread where some designs were discussed a couple months ago-no ready to go though.
  3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

4. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

5. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

made my own 24" worked great.... like them alot.... wire broke one one once..... if i knew how to post a pic i would!
  6. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

don't even know how to get pic onto computer........
  7. Plow man Foster

then can you explain how you made them?
    because we have the 3foot flags its just they are hallow.... Is there some type of light i can slide down in there? My first thought was multi colored holiday lights! Lol

the truck sits up so high that with 1foot markers you cant see when the blade is down.....
  8. tyler.premier

tyler.premier Member

If you are really interested ill i have a buddy who has everything for them and could make them 3 foot for you im sure. I don't know the for sure specs on them. i know they bolt on just like normal markers and he wired a led threw some kind of white hallow tub. A few buddys using them and they love them. ill try to snap some pictures tonight when we are out.
  9. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I put 3/8 red rope light into tube drilling through side at bottom for wire to come out and ran the wire across back side of plow to the center with a conector.
  10. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

JC Whitney has lighted bumper guides, but I think they are shorter than that- 20" I think- bought a set years ago and had one mounted but never got it wired. Lasted several years on the plow before it snapped. I had it on a piece of sheet metal about 4 inches long set behind the plow to give some spring action.

Do you really need lighted? There's a seller on eBay selling guide sticks in various lengths I think including 36" and longer.
  11. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I did see them somewhere for 80.00 it cost me 50.00 to make them.. Its just something that i always wanted to do..... Some guys pick on me but i like them......
  12. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

i also made mine. look on ebay for a flexible waterproof led strip. they come in various lenths and then just wire them to the parking lights on the plow. I have hollow red markers and i used a red led strip
  13. Plow man Foster

Lol i have red rope light in the attic (used for holiday lights one year)
    How do you cut them into a smaller section?
    They are wired to a "regular" plug

Also how do we wire them to the plow if we dont use the plow lights?
    its a long story but he cut off the plow lights since they sucked
    now he just uses the trucks lights.....
  14. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

Cant answer your ? there. But i used 12v LED strips that you can cut to almost any length. If the plow plugs are still there see if you can wire into the wire that woulda ran the parking lights.
  15. tastrike

tastrike Inactive

We sell these, and they can be found at the below link. We've got a video on the page showing how they light up at night and how they flex in the cold Wisconsin weather.

I suggest looking at the standard (Non-LED) because the warm up when they're on making them flex better.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions about them. I've been running them through Wisconsin winters now for over 2 years.