1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Klean Frame

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by OhioPlower, Mar 5, 2015.

1. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Do any of you guys own one of these tools? I saw it in snow business magazine today. It's a underbody wash tool that works off your pressure washer. I couldn't find any reviews online. I might get one someday if it works well.

2. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  3. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Now that was neat.

4. hammerstein

This is the other one, it's a combo of an 18" under carriage wash and a surface cleaner for floors. It is a lighter duty version but if you're using it for occasional use it's a great option.

gf2.gif

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

How much does the smaller unit sell for? What is the minimum PSI powerwasher it will work with?

6. hammerstein

fordfisherman, I sent you a pm.

The Mosmatic ones are rated max 4000psi and max volume of 13gpm
    The small combo is rated for 1000-4000psi, and a max volume of 8gpm

While psi is important, volume is key for best results, either one a would recommend a minimum of 5gpm @ 3000psi. You can match the spray tips to what your pump is rated for to maintain pressure.

7. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Anybody else notice neither the manufacturer nor a dealer wants to tell us how much they cost? If you have to ask you can't afford it.

8. hammerstein

Ask and you shall receive. Northern tool sells the Mosmatic, feel free to compare prices.

The base Mosmatic Undercarriage Cleaner $1110.29

Mosmatic High Lift Undercarriage Cleaner is $1310.74
    This one is better for trucks, large equipment as it shoots 3-5' up, but can be too high to fit under cars

Mosmatic Undercarriage Cleaner Protection Gaurd Plate $149.65
    This protects the arm and nozzles from debris fall onto it.

18" combo under carriage and surface cleaner $884.61

9. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

You got to love your under carriage at that price! Did some one say oscillating lawn sprinkler?

10. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

NOTHING will clean like a heated pressure washer. Good luck doing that with a lawn sprinkler

11. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Those are a bit pricey.

12. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

A lawn sprinkler does a good job. I run it for 10-15 under the bed, the cab/ bed and the engine bay. It's a little bit of work but a lot cheaper than that unit.

13. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Take the plow off and run through an automatic car wash with underbody flush. 8 bucks. I have better things to do than roll that thing under and around my trucks. Like take a nap. They will only last so long anyway. Leaving them out in the cold instead of a warm shop goes further with longevity than that.

14. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I don't know of any automatic wash bays around me that'll fit dumptrucks through.

15. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

We use the surface cleaner in the summer. Now we have a new use for it! They are well built.

16. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

Hammerstein can you pm me your info?

17. Diesel_brad

Or that clean with more than 3 little nozzles like a kitchen sink sprayer

18. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i bought one at home depot. to clean the shop floor couldnt it just be modified aka flipped over to pressure wash the under side of a truck

19. Diesel_brad

I'm sure it could, just need to put a set of wheels on it

20. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Then lift the box and spray it off with a pressure washer. Soak the frame and underbody/box with dieseldrain oil mix with a pump sprayer.. And if you are worried about a few drips while applying that put some cardboard down first.