1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kioti tractor, fluid coming in cab

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cmo18, Dec 24, 2011.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

We got a small 3" storm and I didnt use the tractor until it was time for clean up.

I've notice over the past couple of week the cab smelled funny. So today when I jumped in it I noticed there was antifreeze all over the inside of the cab. It was coming through the vents and dripping down the windshield and windows.

Is there a heater core in the roof that could be leaking? Hoses? It stopped after about 2 hours of driving it but there was a significant amount of fluid that came down.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

yes theres a heater core. need to trace the heater hoses to see where they go. not familar with these tractors, but if the blower motor and vents are in the roof. thats where the heater core is.

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Had the same problem with my Deere... Pull the roff off, soak up all the antifreeze, tighten it up and reinstall... It will take a few weeks for the smell to go away... Don't forget to top off the coolent again

4. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Did you replace anything?

mine seems to of stopped and the coolant hasnt dropped much. But still am going to pull the roof down and see whats leaking.