1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

King of the Hill

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Crumm, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Once you get done stacking why not try a little hill climbing?

King of the Hill 002b.jpg

2. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Other Side

King of the Hill 003b.jpg

3. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Last one. Anyone else have any hill climbing pictures?

King of the Hill 004b.jpg

4. rofoth3

rofoth3 Junior Member

back drag

Way to much back dragging. :drinkup:

5. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

More of a challenge that way ;) . Anyone can push up a pile, it takes a real truck to stack while back-dragging..

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I don't understand why you would chance tearing parts off just to get a picture?
    Exhaust? Wire's? Lights? Hell even jamming all that snow under there letting it pack to the body panels will do harm. Glad you don't drive for me.

7. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

and this thread is officially ruined

8. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

Nice pics Crumm if I get out to get batteries then I'll snap some pics of the versatile climbin some snow piles

9. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

It just shows that his trucks (Dodge and Chevy) can't even drive over a pile of snow without suffering major damage. I have had that old Ford in snow deeper than the hood. I just don't think it is going to harm much backing up on a little pile of snow.
    I am learning here at Plowsite that a guy just has to chew on the meat and spit out the bones. Reapers post above is just another bone.

10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

He was just havin a little fun. Let it go. We all have taken a truck and drove it like we shouldn't have, wheather it is a plow truck or just our every day cruiser. I did something like that one with my 80K-10.
    My .02 cents.

William

11. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Great Pics

12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Its not my plow truck, and its not even a snow pile, but how about a brick pile?

[​IMG]

BTW: Yes, thats a Ranger, yes it's lifted, and yep, the tires read 36x12.50.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  13. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Some people need to take their meds or lighten up.

If you notice. I have no one driving for me. By the By. My GMC or Ram would out plow/drive/climb/race/preform that ford anyday of the week or I would shoot myself.

Oh and my dog's got yer "bone".

14. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

crumm what hubs are u running on your 75 f250 i am woundering because i am looking around to see what kind i should use on my 75 f100 with the 390 c6

15. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I would go with the WARN premium series hubs, they are a great product, and have a lifetime warranty (chances are you won't break one though). You'll be wanting to get part no. 20990 for the Premiums, or no. 9790 for the standard series.

16. crashz

crashz Senior Member

How did you get that thing up there? If you drove it or backed it up there, you have to tell me what tires you have. Gotta get some for my GMC!

17. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

You need to borrow a gun?

18. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

My plow truck has a 203 transfer-case which is full time so I don't have locking hubs. My 76' has a 205 case and Warn hubs. I would recommend Warn hubs.

19. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I backed it up there with a balled set of too-wide Goodyear's. It is all about momentum ;) . I personally like BFG all-terrains for snow and ice. I have a set on our Excursion and they do a great job. I originally had the Goodyear's that are on my plow truck on my 96' F350 but I always thought the compound was too hard. I replaced them with a set of Coopers but they don't perform as well as the BFG's.

20. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Crumm you crazy focker!! Nice pics. I'll be posting pics of my big foot car crushing event from yesterday. I too was back dragging. It's amazing how a a trailer hitch can help you back up the hood of a car!!! :nono: