1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

King Of Obsolete Has Arrived

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KingofObsolete, Jan 22, 2006.

1. KingofObsolete

KingofObsolete Senior Member

wow what a site, a fellow in australia emailed me a link to here. we plow a lot of snow in the great white north and we do it by miles on the cat trains. we run vee plows but i have one cat named the CURSE OF REVERSE with an angle blade. so i'll try a picture, if not check my website out at.

tate island trip part 10 april 2 2005 010.jpg
  2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Its about time you got here king. Or is that just the story of your life?????:rolleyes:

If you guys want to hear some crazy stories from an canadian thats about as far off his rocker as you can get. This is the guy. :p

Oh you can get him to give you about anything for a can of cheese wiz. Heck I bet he would give you one of his cats for a case of cheese wiz. LOL :D
  3. KingofObsolete

4. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

thats some cool s**t you have there...
  5. KingofObsolete

thansk, i do what i can with what i got, LOL

6. KingofObsolete

here is a better picture of the 1928 shovel nose plow. we were out doing some tests around the yard today and that plow is heavy when full of snow, LOL

kommunist kat and the caboose jan 23 2006 001.jpg
  7. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Spent about 45 minutes at the "Kingdom" Sunday, pretty interesting.
  8. KingofObsolete

thansk come back anytime and enjoy LIFE in the KINGDOM.

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Nice IRON.. I spent about an hour or more there last night looking around very interesting:drinkup:
  10. dj&sonplowing

dj&sonplowing Member

:cool: , yeah bet i spent couple hours reading all the stories off your site King, cool stuff,, i use to be a cat skinner i ran a D4 for many years, summer time only parked it in winter,, i know those babies will slide side ways on you , ha their just like having mega sets of ice skates going side ways down a hill, ha on frozen ground especially, they pick up speed, wont stop till ya hit a stump or a tree, just gotta hold on and ride em out, ha i enjoy your site, keep up the good pics and info
  11. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Hey KoO,

Whats "Duals Rule" in reference to?
  12. KingofObsolete

here is the story of DUALS RULE

MAY 2004

Ok, you guys are trying to figure out this title for the CAT TRAIN NEWSLETTER but it is very simple. I have been in Computerland on a few web pages with this fellow from Oregon, USA who has a International TD-14. The International TD-14 was not a very popular winter freighting cat compared to the International TD-18. When one looks through all the pictures that the old freighters have, the International TD-18 is easy to spot with Dual exhaust stacks because of it being a six cylinder with two cylinder heads. The International TD-14 in the old pictures is very hard to tell from a International TD-9 because they look the same and only had single exhaust stacks. So to keep the readers of the CAT TRAIN NEWSLETTER who only get to see the printed version by mail informed of what goes on in Computerland. I have decided to tell them in this issue how the DUALS RULE came about and about the Crunch Family in Oregon, USA.

When I bought the fancy dell computer over a year ago, I searched the internet for a place to talk (in computerland, we type everything) International Crawlers or Cats, but there was not a place. So in December, 2003 this fellow from Oregon USA had been in touch with me about his International TD-14. We decided to go to the Red Power web page which is the International Harvester Web Page and talk (type) International Crawlers or Cats. We hit the web page and it was dead, we were the only ones with cats on the web page. So to keep the talk (typing) or topic going we started joking around about each others lifestyles and family. Now this is where it gets interesting because in computerland no one uses their real name for fear of junk mail. So this fellow’s nickname is CAPTAIN CRUNCH like mine is the KING OF OBSOLETE.

In Captain Crunch’s case he has a wife and kids, so they all need handles too. The KING OF OBSOLETE got to name the family, the oldest son was given the handle Little Crunch, the daughter is Crunchette, youngest son is Littlest Crunch and even the dog is Bow Wow Crunch. The best of all is his wife who was known as Mama Crunch but didn’t like that so we changed it to Lady Crunch. Which I don’t understand why she is upset, might have something to do with buying cat parts with Lady Crunch’s Visa. Another reason why I don’t think Lady Crunch likes me is because her husband is on the computer talking (typing) every night where he could be on the couch cuddling with her. I hope she doesn’t accuse me of being the “other woman”, that will not go over very well in the great white north where men are men and moose are nervous. For some reason she didn’t like the other choices that were offered like Thirsty Lady, Lady Thirsty all in tribute to the International TD-14 named Thirsty. The International TD-14 named Thirsty which Captain Crunch explains how its named from all the water that went in the rad, “because it was Thirsty”. I think more like all the money that went into the repairs and restoration of the machine, because it was Thirsty for the US dollar, worth twice as much in Canada.

This is the International TD-14 better known as THIRSTY with Littlest Crunch sitting on the track. Note the lack of hair, all the Crunch kids have no hair. This is because the kids live in fear of being sent to the great white north to spend time on the Cat Trains. So Lady Crunch can’t send them to visit the KING OF OBSOLETE because they will freeze to death.

Now that I have someone to talk (type) back and forth with over anything related to International Crawlers or Cats. We are ready to take on the world via computers and a two hour time zone difference. So we start talking (typing) and teasing each other about our cats and I always point out that I have never seen a International TD-14 cat. I’m the KING OF OBSOLETE and I own everything that is obsolete or know something about it. I tease Captain Crunch how the International TD-14 was not a good winter freighting cat. The only picture I have of a International TD-14 on the old Cat Trains is one which the cat is sitting in six feet of frozen water. Point proven, I say to him all the time. To go winter freighting one needs the International TD-18 with the DUAL STACKS. It was the most popular winter freighting cat made by International next to the TD-9. The International TD-18 was the freighting cat of choice by Patricia Transport on the Lynn Lake, Mb—Sherridon, MB haul which was moving the complete town. So to keep the life and excitement on the web pages going, we bicker over which is better, the KING OF OBSOLETE is for DUALS RULE and Captain Crunch is SINGLES COOL. The fun has begun, which is really exciting with sayings like SCHOOLBOY’S DREAM–DUALS RULE, it worked for Tool Time Tim, more power–DUALS RULE.

Then the unthinkable happened, Little Crunch starts emailing the KING OF OBSOLETE from his school computer. It was terrible having at teenager telling me SINGLES COOL in all his emails. So to put a stop to that junk mail on SINGLES COOL, I sent him a picture of Miss Piggy from the Muppet Show posing for Playboy. Well the annoying emails with the SINGLES COOL stopped, I guess the school has strict rules on pigs showing their breasts. All joking aside, I still email Little Crunch to keep him on his young toes and try and convert him over to DUALS.

To check us out go to www.redpowermagazine.com , click on new forum, click on IH Construction Equipment. This should bring up the bulletin board where you can enjoy the KING OF OBSOLETE and Captain Crunch and family.

13. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Explain Kommunist Kat more. Just what make is it? It bears a strong resemblence behind that big blade to the IH TD series. If it is of Communist origin that shouldn't be a big surprise since the Chinese built IH K/KB Commie copies for years and the USSR copied Packard car designs forever and blatantly copied the B-29.
  14. KingofObsolete

15. Kentuckydiesel

Kentuckydiesel Senior Member

Hey king, that;s a great wesite. i wish you would put more up about the linn tractors. I like the old dozers but those linns are like nothing I've ever seen.

I spent a ton of time on your sites, I can only dream of such snow.

Thanks for sharing your adventures and knowledge with all of us. -Phillip
  16. Calamari

Calamari Member

King of the Great White North (& Obsolete)

Just perused your site. Fantastic stuff. Beautiful area. Wifey got the chills just looking at the pix. Makes me want to go ice fishing.

Super rolling museum you have there. Fascinating.

What is the scoop with the government not letting you recycle?

I'll be back soon. Great stories etc. Will be ordering my fridge magnet soon.
  17. KingofObsolete

thansk guys, it is the town that put me out of the recycling business, i sit on government comminttees that look at getting scrap out of the north. it is a very backwards town, LOL

glad you enjoyed the website, i enjoy meeting people from all over the world.

here is a picture of the td-6 known as the CURSE OF REVERSE angle plowing snow at xmas. it has not stopped snowing since then, LOL

plowing snow in the KINGDOM dec 26 2005 006.jpg
  18. Calamari

Calamari Member

Southern Belle

I read the story of Southern Belle's illness and I hope all is well with her. I did not see anything after the 10/05 posting about her. Please let me know how she is. I have friends in Nova Scotia with similar horror stories about the Canadian health care system for those in rural areas (travelling 4 hours for an MRI and x-ray).

I also e-mailed you from the Boston area (Ed & Patty). Let me know if you received my e-mail. Thansk!:salute:
  19. KingofObsolete

thansk, will be getting caught up on the emails tonight, thansk

southern belle is holding her own and they still don't know what is the matter with her. but she was outside taking picture of us plowing with the td-6 known KOMMUNIST KAT. she rode on the back of the ski-doo while mark drove to get this picture.

kommunist kat really plowing jan 29 2006 003.jpg
  20. Calamari

Calamari Member

Glad to hear she's better. Sounds strange; after all that, no diagnosis. Food poisoning? I had a buddy who's legs were paralyzed temporarily from eating tainted raw oysters. Scared the crap out of him.

Looks like you all got some snow. Hopefully we'll scratch out a couple of inches tomorrow in New England.