1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

king bolt.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by archer39, Feb 23, 2010.

1. archer39

archer39 Member
    from PA

Can this be replaced with any other type of bolt besides the Meyer listed part?
  2. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

Yeah its a grade five bolt. I used a longer one and cut it down that way he threads don't wear off instantly.
  3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I agree! The threads of the bolt will carve away at the hole. I also like to put Anti-Seize on the threads to make it easier to come off and double nut it.
  4. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

I just use a blocking nut. The one with the plastic insert. The threads dont really seem to carve out the hole but they do flatten out real quick Wichita gives you wobble and slop. The slop is what then eggs out the hole cause it has momentum behind it you can drive a nail with a hammer with a two inch swingg but could never push the nail in with a hammer