1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

KinderCare Pennsylvania Contract

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scapegoat, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Scapegoat

Scapegoat Junior Member

I have read a lot of posts regarding who has KinderCare and how they keep changing from National to us smaller guys.
    Does anyone know whether the KinderCares in PA are getting one company for all of their sites or are they getting smaller local crews fro a few sites in the same area?
    If any one knows, please help me out.
  2. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

I have 14 kindercares but I'm subbed through Brickman. IL area
  3. Scapegoat

Scapegoat Junior Member

Thanks for the info. Does Brickman have the Delaware County and Philadelphia County Kindercares, or pretty much just all of PA?
  4. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

I think a guy from Blandon, Pa. had quite a few of these properties for the last few seasons. Lil Weeds I believe was his business name....May pay you to look him up.
  5. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

BFS has all the PA Kindercares. I used to have like 25 of them, the snow price for the small sites are ok, the large ones suck.
  6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Kindercare's....what a pita! Well know they're Knowledge Universe. We do 2 of them in our area and one is in the downtown metro area and told us when we could and could not mow, the other one, we tried to do their fall clean up twice now and both times they said come back the kids are playing right now......well too f'ing bad! Put the little brats inside, it was sprinkling and in the lower 40's out....why are they even outside? So I could care less if they ever get the clean up done or not, we still get paid. They were the worst customer to deal with, total b!tches at the downtown place and were nice as could be at the other one we do but keep telling us to come back? it's the end of November, it could be snowing next week. I gave up, if we get to it, we get to it. If not, well, NOT!
  7. Scapegoat

Scapegoat Junior Member

What a shame, I do a plow of companies around the Aston and boothwyn and pass those KinderCare facilities every time.
    Hey Lilweeds, if you don't mind me asking, did you have the Aston and Boothwyn area too. And who were you subbing for at the time if at all, and did BFS sub you or was it Brickman at that time? Sorry I, new to this and just trying to get the low down if you know what I mean. I'm trying to get a game plan here as to what big company controls my area so I can plan accordingly. I figured KinderCare is huge and should see who they'd have hired in the past three years and who they have hired now. By the way how do you all get this information besides this brilliant forum.
  8. Scapegoat

Scapegoat Junior Member

How long has BFS has all of PA?
  9. lilweeds

Last season was the first year they had them. I worked direct before. The closest ones a had to you would have been gulf mills. I know the sub I had there did them for BFS last year and said he would not be taking them back. The local Brickman office got the landscape so he was pissed.
  10. lilweeds

When I got into landscaping in 06 kindercare was my first commercial. My local center director got me started with 2 sites. We didn't get any snow that first year but got several the following. Then we had like 25 sites for 08-09 and 09-10. They were slow payers which was tough when I had to pay subs but it went pretty well and never had a complaint. Directors loved our service. Then they said all sites nationwide were going up for bid. I was originally allowed to bid then told I couldn't. Then I got a letter saying to continue landscaping till the bid process was complete and I told them to pound sand. Either they want my service or they don't. I know the local center misses me!
  11. Scapegoat

Scapegoat Junior Member

I guess BFS still has it how the hell can wentake them out with thir size. I really appreciate it Lilweeds. Thanks for the info again. This business is getting too commercial. I'll keep posting if I come up with any game plan for us small to medium guys.
  12. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

i was just asked to sub five locations here, havent had the chance to look at the sites or what there paying but it wasnt through bfs either
  13. lilweeds

Some of them went to true green. I believe there are 3-5 different nationals that have kindercare.