1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kinda Off Topic

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DSN46, Jan 26, 2004.

1. DSN46

DSN46 Junior Member

I am new to this forum, and have found a wealth of info just reading alot of the posts... great forum!
    My question is sort of off-topic due to the fact that it is not specifically regarding plows. My question is:
    I have mounted an 8000 lb Ramsey winch (I think it weighs 75lbs) on the front of my 2001 F150 with the Offroad and Tow packages.... since everyone on this board seems to know quite a bit about loading the front suspension on trucks.... do I need to upgrade my torsion bars? It does not appear that the 75lbs has made the front drop any yet, however, I am concerned with the long-term effects. Also, I may be getting into the part-time plowing business (not alot of customers) soon.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Welcome to plowsite

You should be fine with puting a winch on the front of your truck. BUT, if you decide to put a plow on it, the winch will HAVE to come off. I would also definatley put a set of timbrens on the front also.:waving:
  3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Yea, you are fine with the winch. It only weighs 100#'s or so. I know it seemed like it weighed a TON when you were putting it on, though:D
  4. DSN46

DSN46 Junior Member

Thank you for the replies.
    Anyone else?