1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

kind of motor??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by joecocostud, Jan 14, 2008.

1. joecocostud

joecocostud Junior Member
    from canada

Could anyone give me some input on this old plow motor? I was told it was a Meyer. I have added some pictures... any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

plow.jpg

plow2.jpg

controls.jpg

plow3.jpg

2. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

That is definitely not a Meyer unit.

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Nope, it is not a Meyer unit. Looks to be a Monarch pump or a Haldex Pump. What kind of plow is that on?

4. joecocostud

from canada

I have no idea!! I got this off of an older rig, I am having a problem with the wires coming out of the pump to the harness then to the solenoid, I had power going to it, but one person told me the solenoid was no good and I had all the wires coming out of the pump were live. When I hit the switch it seemed to want to pressurize the left and right angle at the same time.

I was just wondering if someone knew what color wires open what valve? and What wires go to my solenoid. Should there be a power wire to the switch first?

5. joecocostud

from canada

I was told it was a chev starter or the same as and a meyer pump.

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

?

it's a monarch power unit ,even say's so on the controls .

7. joecocostud

from canada

yep ok I feel like a turd now. Thanks for pointing that out. Lets just hope the controls belong to this pump! lol

8. joecocostud

from canada

The harness was cut and I got the motor and silnoid working but I am not sure of what wires should go where to the switch to make the plow move in all directions. does anyone know what color goes where?

9. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

which one

i take it all the wires are the same colors or not close enough to try touching together to check function ! check on the aluminum sections for numbers ,the closet i can find from your pictures it might be a m642 or m643 dynaramic ,monarch's #616-458-1306 info@monarch-hyd.com to get info distributor's monarchhyd.com/contact/distributors.htm see if they will held you with wiring the switches