1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kind of diggin' these tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I had to buy new tires for our 05 F350 this year and after a fair amount of research I decided on these Cooper Discovery AT3's. So far they've been in ice, light snow and deep (10+inches) and so far I've only needed 4wd a handful of times while plowing. They are wearing very well with about 5k on them which is great compared to the junk General Grabber AT2's we have on another truck that started wearing noticeably at 5k. The tires are on 18" rims, load range E, picked them up for 986.00 mounted and balanced.
  2. jimslawnsnow

jimslawnsnow PlowSite Fanatic
    from mn

I put a set on my 350 last year. I don't plow with that truck, but it pulls a trailer all winter. The guys usually use 2wd instead of 4. My dad has them on his truck and doesn't care for them. I think he drives to fast since he's not use to a diesel. Also I paid a little over 600 for 265/75/16 load range e. 18's are a tad bit higher.
  3. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

I also have the Cooper AT 3 on 2 of my pickups and really like them. About to buy another set to replace the almost worn out factory tires on another. I also like for a fairly aggressive tread pattern they are fairly quit on the highway.
  4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Another Cooper I like is the ST MAXX . E rated, real snow tire and wear fairly well. I'm a logging contractor and operate off road on a daily basis. I also pull an 18,500lb GN dump trailer at least 4 days a week 8 months a year. I get 35- 40,000 miles out of them. But they are a little squirmy for the first 1,000 miles or so, until they heat cycle enough to harden the tread.
  5. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

that's about the exact same tread pattern as the terra tracs on my f350. great tires.