1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kind of a dumb question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

This probably has been discussed 10million times here, but I want to know. I have the Meyer classic e-z mount (the tubular lift frame) and have been using the bottom hole. Here lately, we have gotten a bunch of snow and I dont think the plow lifts high enough to stack the snow properly. I put it in the top hole and it seems to lift alot higher. Is this a bad thing to do or no? Just wondering

2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

how strait is the a-frame? If you measure from the ground on the truck side and the plow side? It should be the same.

3. carl b

from Ohio

Also are you putting the chain through the front or back? If you put it through the front it will tap against the lift ram but go slightly higher.

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

It has a very "slight" angle to it. You can tell the back is maybe an inch higher than the front. And yes I do put the chain through the front, but it wont even lift the top part of the plow above the lights. When I had my 94 GMC 2500 with a Meyer E-Z mount (the new style) it lifted really high.

5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Some units are high reach. It will only go as high as the stops will let it. if you not hitting the stops your ok...

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

An inch of slope isn't bad at all, in fact you may discover that with a little slope to the A-frame will help it scrape better since your blade is pretty light. If it help's with the lifting height go for it.

7. carl b

from Ohio

sorry walked away but thats fine Just one more ? are your t-bars up high enough?

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks everyone.:waving: It does help alot with the height. The top of the plow comes a few inches higher now. That few inches can help alot when stacking large piles over curbs,etc.