1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Killington Vt. 12" new

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sonnyny, Oct 26, 2005.

1. sonnyny

sonnyny Junior Member
    from vermont

We've been getting hammered this week. 6" Sunday and 12" last night. May even see a few more tonight. It's all about the elevation. 800 feet below got nothing. Looks like it may be a good year.

2. sonnyny

sonnyny Junior Member
    from vermont

Convert Salt Spreadder to Sander?

I have a Buyers salt spreader which will not spread sand unless it is extremely dry. The cone shaped hopper leads down to an auger which protrudes into the hopper about 1". Sand just becomes clogged and can't continue into the auger. I plan to weld a 12" auger which will extend up into the hopper, which will force the wet sand through the shoot into the circular spreader. The lots that I sand call for sand only b/c they are not paved, It stays very cold and dry. The sand is for traction not so much for melting.. Anybody ever try something like this before and did it work?