1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Killing time

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dockboy, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Thought you guy's might like to see one of the goodies I have to kill time while the snow piles up:D

Check it out

Greg

2. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

Dockboy it says its forbidden I don't have permission to access it :confused:

3. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

4. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

Thats awesome dockboy whats that little pioneer thing for? How much does that tv like that cost if u don't mind me asking:D

5. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Yea how much for the tube?

Geoff

6. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Adam,

The little Pioneer thing is the controller for a XM Radio. It's satelite radio for vehicles. Kind of like Directv;) . It even has The Weather Channel on it:D . You can check it out at www.xmradio.com

The Display(screen) is an Eclipse 7002. It goes for about $1200 new and is an AM/FM radio and CD controller. Then you have to add an auto TV tuner. Mine is a Sony TUE-1101, it's about $500.

There are some other units that do the same things a little cheaper. It's just that I'm a Hi-Fi Nut:)

Greg

7. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

Thanks alot for the info dockboy do u have the website for the Eclipse 7002 :D

8. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

9. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

Thanks dockboy do u think bestbuy would have them sorry for all the questions :D

10. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

No Problem Adam:D

No, Best Buy does not carry Eclipse stuff.

I got this off the web page

To Find Your
    Nearest Retailer:
    (800)55-ECLIPSE

Do they have Tweeter stores in Il ? If they do, you might find them there:cool:

Greg

11. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

12. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

Thanks again I will have to look around now, was it pretty easy to hook up :D

13. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

It's a little more complicated than a standard radio. There is the head unit, which is a standard single DIN size, which has the display in it. But then there is a another unit which actually has the radio and all the wiring, that get's mounted in a remote location. If you click on the second ebay link above, they have a picture of it.

Remember, there is no CD player. Only the ability to control one. I have a Eclipse 6 Disc in-dash unit mounted right under the 7002. Or you can get a remote 12 disc Eclipse changer or BOTH;)

Greg

14. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

Thanks Dockboy I think I am done with the question for now lol :D

15. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Anytime[​IMG]