1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Killer deal on 2 leftover 06's

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by UglyTruck, Mar 19, 2007.

1. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

I was at the "dealership" today and couldn't pass them up....:jester:

shovels old.JPG

shovels new.JPG
  2. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

You get one of those 0 down 0 interest deals?! LOL
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Yea whats your loan rate?? 0 Down 0APR for 12hours?
  4. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Where'd ya get the yellow shovel? I like it. I have a straight pusher but I like the angle..

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I have the yellow one and it works really well for the powder but not the wet stuff. It more or less pushes the shovel out of the way. You know when you are pushing wet snow with your plow on your truck and it throws your whole truck to the side.

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I bought that yellow one right before the last storm. It is fricken awesome. Just like a snowplow and it actually backdrags! It wasnt getting really close to the sidewalk so I tried backdragging and it actually worked! :)
  7. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

Got them both at Menards [Saved big money]

the steel (steal) one was 4.99 down from 18.99

and the yellow one was 15.99 down from 34.99

I have been lookin at the "dozer" for a couple of years but I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend $35 on a plastic shovel!!!

When I bought it I bought it speciffically for light powder and sloppy slush.

8. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

My wife got my son (16 yo) one of the yellow shovels online a couple of years ago, and he loves it. I have never used it until today. Kinda weird finding this post today. Shoveled off the trailer today and it did work quite well. Another cool thing is that you can push either to the left or right and it does "back drag", too!

I have to say that it has been used quite a bit and shows virtually no wear. I can't say the same for the "other" plasic shovels that my crews use. They don't usually last more than a storm or two.

I wasn't too keen on spending $40 or so on a shovel either, but it has lasted longer that I thought it would.
  9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I actually bought 4 shovels for $2 each 3 years ago at Farm & Fleet and they all lasted till this year. They served their purpose, huh? :rolleyes: payup
  10. SuperDutyFisher

SuperDutyFisher Member

I recently got 1 of those yellow shovels. They're awesome for light powdery snow and really work well but arn't always that great for wet stuff.
  11. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

your a funny b@st@rd ugly truck.. i hope they dont break down on you
  12. Chopper0912

Chopper0912 Junior Member

Your Right

If you are trying to push anything more then powder, don't use your Yellow "Plow" shovel. I was a four or five different Wal-Marts trying to find it. Should of bought it when mine had it but I waited to long and it was gone. But when you are pushing powder with it, it is great and does not take a lot of time to clean off a driveway. Don't know who was selling it for $35 but Wal-Mart had them at $18.95 I think. Just don't break it trying to push heavy wet snow like I almost did.