1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Killer Commercial Snow Shovel

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Briankook, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Briankook

Briankook Member

Does anyone use a great snow shovel? I know it sounds like a simple question, but every time we find a good one, it seems they get discontinued the following year. We have 8 walk crews, so a good quality shovel is important to us. Any ideas? We like the pusher types, since the snowblowers do most of the work.

2. MikeA5150

MikeA5150 Member

Snow plow brand snow pusher they're worth the money.

3. Briankook

Briankook Member

Ok. I just google'd them and they look awesome! Thanks!

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

x2. I dislike using anything else at this point.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

X 3 for snowplow.

6. Briankook

Briankook Member

I just ordered some of them (both 30" and 36"). What kind of shovel do you guys recommend for a deep snow? In other words, the non-pusher type of shovel. Thanks in advance.

Brian

7. michdeere

michdeere Member

Snow plow makes one for shoveling instead of pushing also. They are the way to go!

8. rebert

rebert Senior Member

Another vote for the snowplow shovel!

9. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Snowplow shovels are good for pushing, stink for tossing snow.I came across a nice all around shovel sold by bobcat, has their logo on it. Sidewalk crews favorite.Gotta buy a couple more, and one for my wife so it's easier for her to have the steps and driveway done by the time I get home! Looks similar to this one

shovel.jpg

10. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

Snowplow makes a scoop shovel now...think its called Dominator or something like that. They are all great I will never buy anything else

11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Best shovels out there and one of my dominators broke and I told them and they are sending me a new scoop with no questions asked. You can't beat good customer service.

12. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

13. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't know that....

Looks like I'm going to the hardware store today.

14. Kwise

Kwise Senior Member

I have the 36 inch Snow plow pusher and the Dominator. Usually use the wide pusher, but when the snow is heavy, I need to scoop and throw, or I need to fit in narrow spot, I use the Dominator.

15. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I have the scoop shovel, 30", 36", and the wheeled 36"

www.thesnowplow.com

I love them with all my heart

16. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

+1

I've found the Ames poly grain scoops to be awesome when you need to dig and throw the snow too, I've got about half a dozen of those. I leave one at the shop, the house one in each truck and have a few spares. Ames makes a blue one now that's slightly heavier poly.

As far as pushers go, The SnowPlow shovel is where it's at. I've got two, and it was money well spent.

17. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

i like these for pushing snow and we get them from Home Depot. 35$ . and grain shovels for the big shoveling snow

54c7d78c-a7af-422e-adad-b9c0f24809df_145.jpg

18. Briankook

Briankook Member

We received our order of 36" and 30" snowplow snow pushers last Thursday as 7" of snow was arriving. We quickly assembled them and they are AWESOME! I highly recommend them! Our crews want more!
    We just ordered 15 more 30 inch pushers and 15 Dominators. Thank you all for the recommendation! Here is a plug for http://www.jmenterprises.com/
    Thanks!

Brian

19. bigmackmiller

bigmackmiller Member

love my snow plow shovel

20. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

In case anyone was wondering about them, I recently purchased a Snowcaster, I think the company that makes them is Dakota? Anyways, it is 36" wide and on an angle with a pair of wheels. Same HD blade material as the Snow Plow so it should last a long time. This shovel is perfect for those long straight walks with like 1" of snow on them, all you do is walk and it windrows off the side. Even a backpack blower can't touch it for speed, it works as fast as you can walk. One pass up, one pass back, sidewalk is clear. I don't like it in tighter places, but those long walks it is fantastic...