1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kids and Snowballs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gusco, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

This probally goes out to State plowers more so. But how many of you get blasted with snow and ice balls from kids? Kids hate plows cause they clear the way for School bus's I get pelted with them in one certain area of town even though im not plowing streets. I already had to chase a few down because they dented my bedside. Made the parents pay for it.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  2. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

We have that problem on occasion. We deal with every situation differently. Some we let the police handle, some we chase down, and most we let go because we have more important things to do.
  3. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Haha first thing that came to mind was the monster garage golfball range car that could shoot balls back at the range drivers.

If the trucks fired back i dont know if it'd make it more fun or keep them from throwing. I'd say more fun lol

unless there's damage i just keep going...

4. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

Now i have to go and devise a snowball thrower. Heh Heh that would be fun in one of my older trucks.
  5. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

Tater cannon loaded with snowballs mounted in the back of the truck
  6. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

angle the blade and drop it while rolling down a snowy slushy road......a typhoon of slush is a whole lot worse than snowballs :D

In all seriousness though......I'm glad I dont have to deal with that.....if some kid pelted my new truck with a snowball I would be PISSED:realmad:
  7. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

just mount it up in the back of the truck and watch em run :eek:

8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I dont have to deal with that but that might be because most of the little monsters know my Dodge truck. They usually run when they see it coming down the street; I'm not kidding!! :eek: :eek: I'm a part-time police officer so I have red/blue lights in the truck for call-out situations. The little monsters have seen the truck hop curbs in foot chases......:D
  9. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

What do you mean in seriousness.... that IS exactly what I do!!!

That's what I do when morons are snowblowing their driveway into the street too.

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

11. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

Chase them down, catch em and stuff snow down their backs.
  12. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

^lol....best one
  13. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

I used to think is was funny until the blizzard of 1996 when I had a stack of checks sitting on my center console that totaled up to about 6 grand and some a-hole kid threw an snowball and you can probably guess where it landed:gunsfiring: . Well he tried to take off on his bike (tried). I ended up with a new bike in the bed of my truck went home called the cops and got that kid in enough trouble that I doubt he ever thought about doing that again. The kid was a comlplete wise ass too I wanted to kill him.

14. maxwell

maxwell Member
    from nw ohio

neck slap em
  15. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Just mount a sprayer in the bed of your truck, fill the tank with RV antifreeze and when they throw snowballs at you, give them a shot of nice cold RV antifreeze. The colder it is, the better. Another way of doing it is to get a super soaker. Just remember to keep it outside until you're ready to plow so the antifreeze is real cold. :gunsfiring:
  16. Runner

Runner Senior Member

This is funny. We just had some kids throw some snowballs at US the other day. We were in my friends truck (rather old and beat up). I saw them ducking down by a culvert up ahead and I just KNEW what they were going to do! Sure enough, when we drove by, they were "lettin' 'em fly". Neither of them hit us, but I'm sure they still had fun outta how close they came.
  17. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

LMAO! I think it's funny as hell. C'mon boys, we all know that every dang one of ya threw snowballs at the plow trucks when you were little bastards yourselves. ;)
  18. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

if a kid ever threw a snow ball at one of my trucks, that would be the last snow ball that kid ever threw. not only would i involve the police but i would press charges on the kid's parents. i think any child old enough to throw a snow ball should kno better then to throw one at plow truck. :angry:
  19. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

where i plow for the town they tell us not to take any bull from anyone....
    i use my descrection wisely, snow balls are fun and give me a good laugh but when frozen or ice balls come at me they are all done. Last year there was this one house that the kids were set up in their second story window with "custom" made ice balls. Well i was en route to the dpw garage to pick up my assignments and wham right through the passenger window comes this hunk of ice that landed where my girl friend usually sits (good thing she was in FL for that storm) . I locked up the brakes and slid into their fron yard, called the cops then went and pounded on the door. the father insisted on telling me to go to hell. the cops showed uop moments later and arrested and fined the kid being that he was 16, well to say the least it was a cold ass storm with no window.:realmad:
  20. DaveOhio

DaveOhio Member

Taggin' cars

You guys don't have a clue. Dodge trucks jumping curb? Catching the little bastiges? Call the cops?!?

Don't be a punk, guys. They could be inside playing nintendo, give em credit!

We used to run a Gauntlet in West Akron. Had scouts, signals, and the ambush. Wolf pack tactics.

Always had places to run to, but NEVER threw unless we had balls made for the mouthy driver. I always throw one a year now, on the first snow, and am disappointed if I miss. Can still aim em pretty well, but the long flat throws are slipping...

Plow trucks were a Prime target, as were the busses for the private schools. Cop cars (windsheilds) were the ultimate and I only saw two.

Amazing how long we could stand outside in those days, dipping the snowballs into a 5 gallon bucket of water. Our quarterback threw a ROPE that I saw stick to a car fender. Can still hear it.

Shoveled a lot of drives then, too.

Good clean fun.