1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kickstand doesn't come down

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by cleveland, Dec 13, 2009.

1. cleveland

cleveland Junior Member
    from NH

Hi, I hooked up the plow last week for the first storm and everything seemed to work fine. I did notice that there was a small puddle of fluid under the kickstand after running the kickstand up and down a couple times. I topped off the fluid level and plowed for a couple hours...all was fine. When went to take the plow off, the kickstand would not come down. The motor runs, but nothing happens. The plow works fine, up, down, left, right....the only thing that doesn't appear to work is the kickstand. Does the kickstand have a separate reservoir for it's hydraulic fluid? Thanks, Chip

2. treebeard82

treebeard82 Junior Member

curtis kickstand

the kickstand on my Curtis is temperamental. sometimes i have to raise and lower the blade back down into float a couple times before the stand will come down. other than that everything else works fine, up down left right.

3. slvrlkjeep12

slvrlkjeep12 Junior Member

I just bought a Curtis Snow Pro 3000 today and it does the same thing. The guy I bought it from said it hasn't worked since he has had it. He though it was maybe the switch.

4. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

Make sure the Float light is lit up on the controller. The kickstand will not go down if the light isn't on.

5. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

mine is 1 year old and does the same thing only when its real cold 'like 10 or 15 ; but after a short time in side it works again

6. cleveland

cleveland Junior Member
    from NH

It has been pretty cold the last couple days. I don't recall seeing a float light on the joy stick anywhere..I will look closer. The motor does run when I click the kickstand switch. I'm just wondering if the puddle of fluid under the kickstand might be related. Thanks very much for all the feedback. Chip

7. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

For your jack leg give me a call at 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.