1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kicking around an idea

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by V_Scapes, Jan 4, 2012.

1. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Ive got a 9' pro plus ultra mount on my 2007 3500 which I plow mostly commercial lots with. I got the bright idea of putting ultra mount recievers and wiring on my 2012 2500, god forbid the mason dump ever breaks down during a storm, I could drop the plow and hook up to the 2500.
    My first concern is that the 9' blade would be too heavy for a 2500? although I beleive the front axle is rated for around 5k. And anyone have an idea how much all of the truckside work would cost? Is it stupid to go through all the trouble of that rather than just getting a full set up for the 2500?
    I wanted to get some opinions from those with more experience...thanks.

2. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

I run a 9' pro plus with wings on my 05 Chevy 2500HD. It holds the plow just fine, ive added timbrens also. I wouldnt worry about it not being able to handle it.

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

around my area you can get the truck side no controller for $975, should be fine for a back up