1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

keyless start install.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by powerjoke, Nov 2, 2008.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

anyone have a system that they have installed on a newer D-max? if so where did you buy it and what brand is it

my truck doesnt have the keyless prep pkg so it's not a OEM option or i would go that route

2. vincent

vincent Senior Member

since you might be close, contact carriage works. I know there main purpose is billet grills, but I seem to remember that they use to deal in truck accessories, such as your request.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I don't have a duramax but i would highly recommend looking into Astro-Start for a starter/keyless entry system. I know they have built in turbo timer and glow plug starter delay settings that will be set up for you once it is installed. I had a local dealer install mine on my truck and i am VERY happy with the end result. The reciever is two-way and will operate from up to a half mile away from the truck and then will show on the LCD screen the current status of the truck.

There are several models of reciever to choose from but i would highly recommend looking into Astro-Start!

See if you have a dealer near you:
  4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

cool thanks guys i'll look into it

now i just gotta figure out what "carriage works" is lol
  5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I use the crime stopper models remote starters I have hade good luck with them. Viper is also a good brand. Both Have the wait to start feature single wire with a time delay or hooks up to ur wait to start light. But unfortunatly most all of them are made in tiawan. Depending on what year urs is u will need a bypass module to bypass the facory antitheft system when the starter is activated. And depending on how many output wires it has u may need to add relays to ad more output wires. Best to have someone that does them all the time do them. U might be able to do it urself but they are time consuming if u dont do them all the time. And I always solder every single connection NO SCOTCH LOCKS.
  6. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

my truck has a viper in it with a turbo timer, keyless entry(even though it has ford systems in it lol) delayed start for glow plugs. really nice system
  7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I have the Astro start on my '06 LBZ Dmax. I installed it myself about 1.5 years ago--works perfect,probably the best aftermarket remote out there.Tony under MaxPower at the Diesel Place can sell it to you and you can download his explicit directions if you want to do the install.He'll always have his cell phone on to ask him any problems you might have.
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

This would be the way I'd go. Both my new D Maxes have factory auto start and I love them.
  9. vincent

vincent Senior Member

This should help.
  10. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Get a remote start system that ties into the cpu interface. Otherwise they'll be splicing wires everywhere.

I have a Viper remote start.