1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

keyless remote

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by badranman, Feb 6, 2005.

1. badranman

badranman Senior Member

I have a 2003 2500hd. I just had my keyless remote in to the dealer last week because it wasn't working. They reprogramed both remotes and everything was fine. Now the same one isn't working again. The other one works fine. Yes there is a new battery in it. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem. I'll be calling them tomorrow.
  2. snow warrior

snow warrior Member

Never Had A Problem With My 02. But I Would Suggest Making Them Give You New , If Your Still Under Warranty
  3. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Yeah, it's still under warranty. I know the owner of the dealership pretty good, he sponsors our race car. There's no problem there. Just wondering if I could help out the service guys first. :waving:
  4. snow warrior

snow warrior Member

cool hey if your interested the company i work for sells race fuel, :cool: e-mail me for info
  5. BigRedBarn

BigRedBarn Senior Member

Are you talking about the factory keyless remote?

I thought those didn't need to be programmed to the vehicle the same way that aftermarket remotes were. I'm not sure how factory remotes are "keyed" to a specific vehicle, but I thought they used a system such that disconnecting the battery never caused a need for reprogramming the remotes. Am I confused (again!!!)???

I've had some aftermarket remotes (including alarm and starter), and all I ever had were headaches. I vowed never again to get an aftermarket remote starter or keyless entry or alarm.

All I ever got was finger pointing... dealer pointing at the aftermarket remotes for problems, and the customizer pointing at the vehicle as the cause of problems.

I even tried having the dealer install the systems at delivery so that I'd eliminate these problems. BUT... the dealer outsourced the installation (after insisting they did it in-house as I asked this before I bought) and then the dealer's service dept. told me to take the vehicle directly to the customizer as they had changed customizers!!! Arghhh!!!
  6. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Yes, this is the factory remote. I have an appointment for Tuesday afternoon to get it "fixed" again. :rolleyes:
  7. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

ya i have a 02 2500hd no problems yet
  8. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Well, I took it to the dealer today. They said the computer was showing that it worked. Obviously it didn't so they gave me a new one. :)