1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Keyless Entry

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 04f250xlt, Nov 3, 2007.

1. 04f250xlt

04f250xlt Junior Member

Does anyone have any info on resetting or finding the Keyless Entry code, other than paying the dealer $75 bucks

2004 Superduty

2. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

I just programmed my own...

I also have a 2004 SD so I'll check my manual and see if there's anything i can help you out with. I bought my truck from a guy that never used the keyless so it was still at factory default...easy to change to my own number, too.
    I'll post what I find out soon...

3. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Yeah, me too. I know if you already have your code, it's easy to change everything. But without it, I think you need the dealer to find it for you.

4. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I know on my 97 crown vic I lost the code. The factory code was on the control box that was in the trunk. Not sure where it is on the trucks but if you find it the code should be on a sticker on the box. Goos luck.

5. Focker

Focker Member

You should be able to set your own code, refer to your owners manual and I believe it should tell you how to set it.

6. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

the code is supposed to be on a card in your owners manual, and also on the PCM next to the battery. and if you have to pay your dealer $75 to hook a computer up to your truck and have it pop up and say what it is, tell them to **** off and go find a new dealer. my dealer just said sure, walked out and plugged the comp in and told me.

you can't do it without knowing the original code first.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That $75 fee is funny. A friend of mine had the check engine light come on his Malibu.
    A nation wide muffler / repair chain that starts with a M charged him $75 to plug into the OBD - II port and tell him the code!