1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

keyless entry

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Morrissey snow removal, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i want to pput a key pad to look and unlook the doors on my 03 f350 is it easy to do? or is it not possible

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

first you need to see if the truck is remote ready. i believe the proper procedure it to fast cycle the key from off to run 4 or 8 times, and after the 4th or 8th time the doors will lock/unlock. if they do, it will accept a key-less entry pad. if it does not, your only option is to install a remote start like the viper.
    my 02 has everything BUT remote entry.

3. Morrissey snow removal

i dont think my truck will accept on i tried it sevral times

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

You're not alone...after talking to the local Ford dealership and trying to make my truck go into "learn" or "readiness" mode for learning a new key fob I discovered that my F550 won't take one either. I really dont want to put in a Viper or similar unit as I don't like all the wires that get tapped into and having a big module under the dash. Personal preference I guess after having a remote start in my 97 chevy...it was nice until I started to wire my own lights and such in and found the tonage of wires from the unit that I had to navigate around. Just slowly getting used to always needing the key and remembering to press the unlock button so all the doors are unlocked. Ticks me off when I unlock the pass side, put something in there and go to the drivers side to get in and realize that side is locked!! Ok, rant over! lol

5. Morrissey snow removal

all of my trucks have power locks with no keypad i just dont lock anything and leave my keys in the trucks and if i had a key pad i think i would lock them when im out more. i dont want to put a viper or other system in eather

6. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Morrissey.... The procedure is 8x. Ign off to on. On the 8th "ON" cycle, the door locks cycle and are ready to accept programing. IF THEY DO NOT CYCLE RIGHT AWAY...HIT THE LOCK BUTTON ON THE DOOR. Some older fords require lock button to be tapped, then locks will cycle. Ford sells a wireless remote number pad for outside the vehicle. It is possible to add keyless entry without having the bulky units under the dash. If you already have power locks, it is very simple install.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  7. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

If that dosent work there is one more way according to the Work Shop Manual.
    Let me know.

8. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Here I'll post it anyways. Good luck sir.

On the F250F350 pick up you need to remove the lower cover
    under the steering wheel and you will find a small grey 2 pin
    DLC connector. It has two wires:- green with a purple trace and
    a black.
    1. Fit a jump wire between the two.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the run position. After

approximately 10 seconds, the head lights will flash and

the horn will chirp twice indicating that the keyless entry

module has entered learn mode.

3. Press either button of the first key fob to be trained.

The horn chirping and the headlights flashing once confirm

successful training of the remote.

4. Program all remaining remotes using the same procedure

5. To exit remote learn mode, turn the ignition switch to the
    off position and remove the jump wire from the two pin
    connector.
    The right hand door must remain open during the entire remote
    learning procedure, as the courtesy light circuit is an input
    required to enter remote learning mode

9. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

but that only works if the truck has a leyless remote module in it.
    not all trucks were built with the module.
    just like not all trucks were built with the auto light module in them.

10. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I understand that. Sometimes if it does have a keyless module, it won't respond with key on off sequence. That's why I added the second option. If you have factory power door locks at least...it is very easy to add a remote keyless entry without a remote start or alarm crap.