1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Keyed Power Source Needed to Power Controller

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Deere John, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

I have installed my existing Boss RT3 on a new 2005 Chev 2500 HD. I cannot find a source of keyed power - that is, a power source for the controller that is only on when the key is on. All I can find is battery power. Where do you power your controller from? I don't trust myself to not forget to switch off the controller as I have it running now on just battery power.

DELBERT Member

I dont know about your chevy but my ford had a fuse for this look in your manual under the fuses
  3. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Here is where I hooked up my western for my 2002 chevy, also used this location for my buddies 2002 chevy with his boss. Used a 3/16" female spade connector. Just make sure the pin that you use is keyed. If anyone has a better spot, please chime in. This is the acc box on the firewall behind the parking brake pedal.

Plowsite 004.jpg