1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

KEY ON 12V Hot on 2015 2500HD w/ 6.0L

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Ultra Duty, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Ultra Duty

Ultra Duty Member
    from NE OHIO

Where are you pulling 12V KO hot for plows on these trucks?
  2. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

In the older trucks you normally needed (should) grab the ACC or ON wire coming off the key tumbler before the BCM, and add a relay. Some of the newer trucks have a few blunt cut wires that supply power...

3. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

4. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

This is a good idea depending on load. I hardwired a GPS into my car this way.
  5. johnnywaz

johnnywaz Senior Member

2013 3500hd here, to get a keyed circut i used a fuse tap in the under hood fuse box. All the keyed circuts are in the under hood box now. Im not sure if that 2010 wire buliten above applies to your 2015. If it does that sounds like an easier route. Maybe! Lol....
  6. RonSpolv

RonSpolv Junior Member

On my 2010 Sierra, there is an underdash connector in the M-BEC for use with aftermarket accessories. X14 pin 7 is 12V, 10 amp with key on. The fuse that protects this is located in the underhood fuse panel, I can get the fuse location if you need. You do need GM connector 20791502 to mate to it, which comes with a wire in position 8 that I removed and spliced into my plow feed wire.