1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Key Bank bid packet from a certain management group

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Sep 12, 2012.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Anyone get the email looking for bids for Key Banks in their area? I got it and was wondering because I've been trying to get in there. So I got the infro from the management company looking for bids. So I email the property manager of the bank and asked if they are having someone else now doing the bid work. With all the quickness he wanted to know who this company was. Even now got a 2nd email wanting everyone's bid in by the 17th of Sept. So if your looking to bid these banks you can still do it directly with the bank.
  2. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

huh, bid the bank for them. then they take your number and drop it by 20 percent. then try to get you to do it for 30 percent cheaper than your original bid. makes sense.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

In easy terms. They are looking for bids and acting like they have the account but they don't. So bid directly to the bank and not the management group.
  4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Actually the email I received from them (one of the emails) clearly says they don't have the contract and they don't know when they will award the work, so I don't think they have acted like they have anything. We have actually worked for them for a few years and have never had a single problem. Of a few of the management companies we work for, they are by far the best.
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I got that same bid packet. Also this certain company came into Cleveland this spring and undercut a bunch of properties myself and another company have serviced for over 5 years. Lets just say after a couple of weeks the administrators at the properties were complaining about the quality subs doing the work. If push mowing a 2 acre field does not screams professional then I don't know what does? :laughing: They are not allowed to bid on the snow I was told by the purchasing agent!
  6. KevinClark

KevinClark Senior Member

Who is the "said company" PM me if you would like? We would like a heads up. Thanks guys.
  7. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i want to know too.......

beside i think i have a push mower around here somewhere
  8. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED Senior Member

They are from PA.
  9. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Not sure why everyone is hesitant to say the name (been a while since ive been on here), itsAGMG, they search for numbers, if they can find a contractor low enough to do the work while they can still make money they throw a proposal together and send it out to that certain company. Nothing bad about it just isnt successful most of the time. 99 percent of the time there isnt enough money for a middle man in snowplowing let alone the concractor.
  10. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

That covers three of the majors. Good work.