1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kentucky West Virginia Ice and Snow

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Acmemechanic, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Acmemechanic

Acmemechanic Senior Member

I Had to run to West Virginia Because My Sister Had Suffered That Ice Storm and was left with NO Power On Her Farm and I Had a Generator That was needed.Well Halfway Thru My Day she Called Back To tell Me 2 150' tall Red Oaks Came down With the Ice. One Right on the House and Would I be Kind Enough to Bring along My Chainsaws as well.Well As I am Cutting Those Trees About 5 or 6' of Snow Falls.Nobodys Got a Plow.A Few Farm Tractors and Backhoes Is all That They Have to Do The Commercial Lots and Driveways.Not a Sander to be Seen.If I would have loaded a Sander and Hung My Blade I might not of Had to work all Summer.6" to 8" with GLARE ICE under it and Not a Ice Control Truck To Be Seen.Now I gotta Ride Back The 15 Hours and be Ready to Do My Accounts.Woo Hoo Bring it On Plowing Snow is The Closest Thing To Printing $$$ I Know.payuppayup

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  2. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

you've got to be kidding me. your one hell of a good brother!!