1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kennedy Landscaping

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KL&M Snow Div., Jan 1, 2010.

1. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Since the mods closed the other thread because supposedly it was off topic. Thats not me on the blower... I aint got much but what I do have I use it to its fullest and make money off of it. I plan to get another truck sometime over the summer maybe, or a nice two stage but not sure yet. Hoping for the truck but we'll see. I'll have more pictures as winter moves along.
    12-29-091.jpg

12-29-092.jpg

12-29-093.jpg

12-29-091.jpg

12-29-092.jpg

12-29-093.jpg

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Its good to see anoher young kid out working. I dont have much either but be proud of what you have. Someday it will pay off!!

3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

personally I don't think the 2-stage will work good for your area...

Sitck with single stages, save up for a truck and plow. and don't waste your money on a overweight 2 stager.

JMO.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  4. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I agree with bladescape. I would personally save up for a plow. Possibly look for a ATV with a plow. I have had very good luck with mine and personaly would not a take a truck over it on my driveways. A plow will be faster then a blower, untill you get 8-12in IMHO.

5. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

Why don't you just put the blower in the bed of the truck?

6. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

yeah keep your single stage and use that for walks and stuff then the new truck with a plow will work great

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

x2 .............

8. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

Here we go again!!! Keep those awsome pictures coming. You should hall your blower around on a trailer, just in case you need to put the gate down.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  9. KL&M Snow Div.

Thanks, thats my plan
    I'm really hoping for that second truck
    I've thought about an ATV too instead of a truck but I'm just not sure.
    Too much crap to work around back there.
    Thats probably whats going to end up happening.

10. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

then let's keep the thread ON TOPIC and we won't need to close it again :rolleyes:

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

maybe you should try organizing it. that carry rack looks like crap and just adds length to your truck....dont want to be backing into a parked car since you dont have insurance....doubt auto will cover you since you're out working....

12. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Austin were those first 2 pics of just drifts? In the 2nd picture it looks like there wasn't even any snow in the middle unless you salted

13. KL&M Snow Div.

I did salt but yeah there are alot of drifts around.

14. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

you better not be putting down rock salt otherwise you're going to be replacing that concrete driveway soon and bye-bye all the $ you have for the 2nd truck you want.

15. KL&M Snow Div.

Its not.......

16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Its all about what the customer wants. I have had to put rock salt on nice concrete drives before because customers dont want to pay extra for calcium. I tell them the differences. Now if you put salt when they requested calcium that could get you into trouble but otherwise its what they pay for... hes not gunna have to be replaces driveways...

17. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That little Toro can't be cuttin the mustard. I had one of those 20 Yrs ago and used it for walks and steps. Was great for that. For $650.00 you can buy a new Toro or for less money maybe one that is a year or two old. Either way it will pay for itself in less than a season because you can do more accounts easier. Just use the pup for smaller areas. Make room in the bed of your truck, it won't take up that much space. BTW I really like your truck. If your trying to make money at this, you have to spend a little.

MJD. you owe me some non-deleted nasty posts for getting this thread back on track! :D

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  18. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

with a more expensive snowblower he would have to worry more about theft with it hangin off the end of the truck.

19. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Probly with any snowblower in the back of a truck you should have it locked, maybe a cable or even better a chain with some kind of a lock

20. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Should make this post bold... :D