1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kelly Msr Tires?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEXTDAYSIGNS, Dec 26, 2004.

1. NEXTDAYSIGNS

NEXTDAYSIGNS Member

Has any one run the Kelly MSR tires? I am thinking about a 235/85/16 load range E? What do you guys think?

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have always run Kelly's on my trucks. Never had any problems with them. Kelly is a division of GoodYear.The price on them's great $50 less a piece then "name brand". I have that exact size on my F-250 I got 40k out of the tires. Put weight in the back, I have never got stuck with them or had a flat.

3. NEXTDAYSIGNS

NEXTDAYSIGNS Member

Thanks For The The Reply. Have You Run The Awr Or Just The Msr.

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

This is my first winter with the Kelly Safari AWR's. So far, no complaints other than that they feel 'floaty' to me (at higher speeds), as they have a max pressure of 65psi instead of 85 like my previous tires. But my truck and blade combo is exceptionally heavy.

Truck has a locker in the rear and six brand new AWR's.... plowed with minimal ballast (salt bags) and no ballast. No problems.

5. NEXTDAYSIGNS

NEXTDAYSIGNS Member

Thanks for the info. What size are you running?

6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I have the LT255/85R16's. You may find that the 235's come in a higher weight rating and hold higher pressure ;)

7. NEXTDAYSIGNS

NEXTDAYSIGNS Member

Well I Have Decided To Go With The Kellys Now I Need To Decide Msr Or Awr. I Think I Am Also Going With The 235/85/16 Rather Then The 265/75/16 Any Comments?

8. Eng63Trk16

Eng63Trk16 Junior Member

My cousin has a 96 F-350 and he loves the MSR he has had two sets on it and he'll probably go for a third if he holds on to the truck. I had the DTR worst tires i ever owned, stay away from the DTR.