1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Keeping your tow hooks when using a Fisher MM2!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Yaz, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I saw a chevy yesterday that had a minute mount up front with the tow hooks still installed. It looked as though they used the two factory bolts for the tow hooks to mount the front of the plow frame. What is in mine is two longer bolts with lock nuts on the inside of the box frame. Is it a good idea to do this? has anyone for any extended length of time with issues? I have to tell you I really would like to take out the bolts and do the same thing.

Any input would be appreciated from guys that have done this successfully or unsuccessfully before I do it too.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  2. trackeer

trackeer Junior Member

Tow Hooks

Yo Yaz,

I think if U install an inverted reefer connection snugged tiight with a polyUduram U should be ok?
    But if you find that U now have excess rotation at the fimble joint you may need to apply torque with the right handed torque"o"master. Be cautious as the right handed and left handed torque"0"master look very similar and even do the exact same thing, but, each has its own application to accomplish the same task ie right/left handed use only!!!
    Good luck installing your new toilet and hope everything comes out ok.
  3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I guess thats what I get for turning friends onto this site! :bday:

I know,..Fords don't loose the tow hooks... :drinkup:
  4. He's your friend??

Serves you right. He gotcha good. Interesting about the tow hooks. I think I'll try it.
  5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Some friend: :dizzy: He tryed his hardest to talk me into a Ford too. :nono: Realy what's a guy with 2 F250's doing in the Chevy forum anyway?
  6. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I figure worse case scenario I can slide a clevis through the eye of the MM2

Just try to keep the side loads to a min and you should be OK IMO
  7. nuts46

nuts46 Junior Member

I have a 05 3500 SRW with a ultra mount western and I reinstalled the factory hooks with new longer metric bolts. I could not see loosing the hooks when there was a simple solution.
  8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The only concern that i would have is that the tow hooks are a cast piece. Which is the same reason fisher and western didnt put them back in.