1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

keeping trucks on site worries....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GSS LLC, Aug 16, 2012.

1. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

I was thinking about keeping some trucks on site at a apartment complex. Less worry about travel time and getting into an accident. But I'm worried about theft. I can create an ignition kill switch hidden easy enough. But what about batteries, tires, ice scrapers,etc?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So you going to drive thee to where your trucks are?
  3. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

If there ugly enough, no body will mess with them:rolleyes: Back in the day, my uncle used to leave 5 or so trucks and a loader at the department store he plowed. I remember he would always have to move them off the property by a certin date because of some tax issue with the store??? He really never had problems with people bothering them. I think one time, someone walked off with a few bags of calcium chloride, but that was it. Again, his trucks wern't anything special, but they got the job done.