1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Keeping Track...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by matt hermann, Feb 3, 2011.

1. matt hermann

matt hermann Junior Member

How do you guys keep track of your clients?

Do you have a word document?

Loosleaf paper?

Notebook?

I'm just starting to get into the landscaping buisness, and as it grows, i want to keep good track of my accounts. Was just wondering what way you thought was the best way..

Matt

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Excel spreadsheets. Eventually when i get bigger i'll use quick books.

3. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

quickbooks and excel

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

route sheet with name, date and adress.....put a mark when I plow them

5. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

A small digital recorder in the truck while I'm plowing, and Microsoft Excel when I get back to the office.

6. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

Excel at home on the computer and Printout on a clipboard when on the road. Update when I get home.

7. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

MS Access only way to go.

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

thats exactly what i do. it works well for me

9. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Blizzard Buster snow management database program (like a custom quickbooks) and Excel. I use a spreadsheet of the customers in the truck then update the BB for billing. Looking at doing my own Access database and possibly setting it up mobile in the truck or through a smart phone for next year- I'm terrible about sitting down to enter the billing.

10. nstarkey

nstarkey Junior Member

Quick books is amazing. If I can figure it out, anyone can. I actually debated on responding to your question because I hate computers that much. During plowing I record on a notebook. What address, time of job completion, amount of snow, full service or drive only. When I get rested up I turn on quick books and email invoices. Quick books keeps all records automatically. Stores all info. Address and everything just pops up when you want it to. Records of who has paid and when is easy to over look without it. Very easy! Worth the 100.00 easy.
    p.s. it took me about 10 minutes to respond. I really suck at computers.

11. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member