1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

keeping track of time

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowsolution, Jan 1, 2015.

1. snowsolution

snowsolution Junior Member
    from 63304

very new to all this!! so please be gentle..
    I'm the office end and am looking to make a time sheet that would be easy on the drivers and less of a nightmare on the payroll/billing person. Any suggestions?

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

there are a quit a few computer/device websites & apps that will do this & can be customized for your needs, look into nor'easter, hindsite(I think its called) there are many more, but I'm still not thinking perfectly since last night. Look around here & on google for timesheets.

3. Weeded!

Weeded! Member

My time sheet

Private Message me if you want more details or to see any of this stuff:

We give the crews a few sheets:

1. A list of EVERY site we have including A. Site number, B. Name Of Site, and C. Site Address.

2. A sheet with their route - always subject to change on the fly

3. A blank recording sheet for them to write down what they did. At the end of the day we only need the blank recording sheet back. At the top is their name(s)with room for start/stop. Columns are:
    A. Site Number
    B. Site Name (to be sure they get the site number correct)
    C. Plow hours
    D. Shovel hours
    E. Lbs ice melt
    F. Time in
    G. Time Out
    H. Conditions (inches snow or "ice")

We have an Excel sheet that corresponds to this and we enter the information the same way. I have the sheet set up so I have a drop down list of workers, time in, time out, inches snow, plow/shovel time, and I only have to enter the site number. Billing information and subcontractor prices are pre-entered as well so all that is taken care of in one fell swoop.

This year I have put all sites online for all my workers/subs to access with GPS location at a click, overhead map with site details, site notes, "call David" and "text David" buttons, and radar. It will take the place of the three ring binders and I will be able to change on the fly. For next year I am going to try to add a "check in" and "check out" button that will take the place of the paperwork all together.

4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I would like to know more about your online setup. Is this something you designed or paid for out of the box or paid for to have made? What software program is it? More info on that would be cool. Thanks

5. Weeded!

Weeded! Member

I made everything from scratch- web pages for the property sheets, Excel for the back office other than billing which is Quickbooks.

PM me if you want a look.