1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Keeping Pusher Level

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by nhtimba, Dec 17, 2008.

1. nhtimba

nhtimba Member

Ok fellas heres the deal .. Running a 3 yard hyundai loader with 14' SPL Pro Tech .. my question is can u guys give me any tips or pointers on keeping it level on the shoes ?? .
    A newbie if you will to plowing with a pusher , always plowed with one way highway plows on loaders so its all kinda new to me .

Got it all hooked up and chained and bound tight , although depending on what part of the lot Im in the chains sag sometimes..I just want to get a few tips on keeping it level , dont wanna have it curled forward or back to much and wear the shoes and edge out prematurely .

I was looking at the top of the side panels thought if those were straight then the pusher must be flat on the skids but i guess thats not the case , got out and looked and the front of the shoes where almost 4 " or so off the ground...

Not trying to sound like a complete idiot here , but can you guys help me out... I must say its a hell of a plow thats for sure ..I like the rubber edge but after plowing today I did notice it leaves a film of thin snow behind loader tires hit it and turns to ice and lose traction easily but other that that pushing is well nice to say the least.

Thanks guys

R.S.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I always tell the guys to watch the top of the end plates and if your in doubt get out and see if your running flat. Generall guys roll them back too far because they won't scrap very well if rolled forward. Don't worry you'll catch on quick, it's not rocket science.

3. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

You can make yourself a guage to ensure that the plow stays level. I WILL TRY TO EXPLAIN. you need 2 peices of steel,that are 1/2 inch to 1 inch wide,and about 10 inches long. Drill a hole into both peices of steel at the top of the peices about 1/4 inch from the top.
    Affix 1 peice of the steel to the middle of the pusher that extends out,or away from the back of the plow(the side peice).
    but a bolt through bothe peices of steel so that the peice that is not affixed to the plow will pivot like a pendulum,freely.
    Now when the plow is level,you will see the pivoting steel peice in the same location as the fixxed peice. If you are too far forward,you will see the pivoting peice forward of the fixxed peice.
    It will act as a level.
    Hope i painted the right menal pic!! lol

4. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

the side pannels on the pushers are not level, they angle down slightly. Heres a link to avalanche's "Avalevel" pusher, which is i think what maximus was trying to explain. so heres the link to give you an idea what it looks like.

http://www.avalancheplow.com/products_Avalevel.php

5. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

Pro-Tech sells a bolt on level guage, part # RP1200. It's basically what maximus44 is descibing.

Pro-Tech also manufactuers upgraded self leveling wear shoes. The self leveling wear shoes and all Pro-Tech wear shoes are made in both standard A.R. Steel or upgraded Hardox Brand Hardened Steel.

6. nhtimba

nhtimba Member

Cool thanks guys for the help...i pretty much got it figured out after messing around this morning cleaning up slush..If you look at the top of the side plates ur right they do angle down a bit when level but what I tried was looking at the back edge of the side plate when its straight up & down the pusher is level . got out and checked a few times

I have seen the level gauges protech has and the self leveling shoes which do look nice but nothing i can do about that , just a employee its the bosses machine and pusher . Just glad it didnt take to long to get the hang of it...its funny u mention rocket science that exactly what he said to me..:p

Thanks Again
    R.S.