1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Keeping it real simple? spare parts

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by CRW IAFF3195, Dec 15, 2007.

1. CRW IAFF3195

CRW IAFF3195 Junior Member
    from NH

Does anyone still manufacture an engine driven hydraulic pump anymore? Is it even possible with the tight engine compartments these days. I've been plowing for more than 20years and there was a time when a few extra quarts of fluid and a roll of duct tape would get me through the storm.
    I now have my first electric/hydraulic plow in a 2004 diamond. It hasn't given me any problems yet but I know it will, eventually, and with the relays and electrical connections I know I won't have a clue how to fix it at 2:00am and a bunch of customers to plow out still. Any thoughts on what kind of spare parts would be handy?
    Been thinking about finding a used late 80's chevy for a back up with a totally hydraulic fisher. Talk about simple.
    On a good note, I think with tomorrow's storm I've almost equalled all of last season's plowing!! Hopefully it doesn't turn to rain too soon.
  2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

good luck on finding that plow. there is also a recent thread talking about a new federal law against putting old plow frames on anything newer than 94. im assuming if its already installed than it would be grandfathered in