1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Keeping engine cool with air deflector?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bjohnson97, Jan 29, 2011.

1. bjohnson97

bjohnson97 Junior Member

Do any of you use the air deflectors to get cold air to your radiator. I have seen them on the internet but have never heard an unbiased opinion on how they work. I run a Hiniker 7 1/5 conventional plow on my '02 chevy 1500HD and the plow blocks the air from the radiator so I have to run the defroster on high to keep the cold air sucking in. Just wondering it this type of item really works. Thanks for your help!

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

this has been discussed many times
    search button is your friend
    yes they work

3. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I just put one on my truck and it helps big time.

4. bjohnson97

bjohnson97 Junior Member

Which one did you get and where. Not an easy thing to find in my area.

5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

you need to upgrade your fan clutch, that was meant by search for the topic

6. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

7. Philbilly2

8. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Nope thats the one I put on and it helps.:nod:

9. Philbilly2

If that is the one that you want to post then it is the wrong thing. That is what is refered to as a snowfoil. He is looking for a air deflector that would deflect air into his grill of his truck to keep it from overheating. What you have there will not do that. The snowfoil just helps with keeping the snow you are pushing off your windsheild, in turn,making the snow roll over and to the end of the blade when running long windrows.

10. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Well I put it on my truck and after I did that it keeps it from overheating so I dunno all I know is it works for me and that is all I am worried about.

11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran