1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Keeping an eye out for a project

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Banksy, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'm not in a dyer need for a project at the moment, but I'm keeping a look out for a project truck for a couple reasons. One, for fun and experience. Two, for a plow truck. I don't want to plow with my 2011.

I'm trying to find a regular cab F350 or F250 4x4. It doesn't have to run, but it can't be totally rotted out. A little body work needed is fine because I want some experience in that too.

I can't decide on which year range to look for, but the right deal will ultimately decide that. I prefer EFI, so that starts me around 1987 or '88 ish. C6 auto def preferred. I wouldn't rule out another '86 w/351 carbed and C6 auto like my first truck was.

For a plow, I really want an engine hydro Fisher speedcast again, but that's not a must.

Not sure why I even made this post....thinking out loud I guess. :rolleyes:

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

there are a whole bunch of 96 97 f350 diesel that need a little tlc on cl in the area for around 3 to 4 grand

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Unfortunately a reg cab 4x4 250 or 350 is as rare as bigfoot down here in this area of NC. Sorry if my "location" mislead you. I'm just from Mass.

4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i got ya something should pop up or u are going to have to make a rode trip

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I got in contact with a guy who has a 1999 F350, 5.4, auto, reg cab, 4x4 and 98,000 miles. He just got it in trade for work he did for somebody. He said it needs an exhaust manifold, but it runs and drive well. He's looking for $2500. Supposed to get pics sent to me later. It's only 30 minutes away. Going to try and go see it tomorrow morning. I'll post a pic if he sends one tonight.

Doesn't the 1999 year range have problems with spitting spark plugs and not so great trannies?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

7. RIVERVIEW7

RIVERVIEW7 Member

I have a 1990 ford f350 regular cab I was thinking of selling if you are intersted. It is 4x4 automatic with a 5.8 and it has a plow on it already. If you want i can send you pictures.

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Shoot me a PM with pics and price. Thanks.

9. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

that 99 sounds decent

10. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

The spark plugs are a common problem with all the 5.4 Triton 2v and 3v engines. Champion released a machined plug to fix the problem.