1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Keep your snow on your own lot please! Don't stack it on my customers!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JDiepstra, Dec 3, 2008.

1. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Just to preface, I am not talking about anyone I have seen on Plowsite.

Who else gets ticked off about this?

I have a large (large to me, but not all of you) commercial customer that I take very good care of. I never stack snow at the entrances/exits of the lot so that they can see easily when exiting onto the road. Now the guys who do the lot across the street took it upon themselves to plow a large stack from their customers lot, across the street, and right onto the corner of my customers entrance.

Then, on the other side of the lot (its on the corner of 2 streets), another plow company has taken it upon themselves to push their customers snow across the street and into the lawn of my customer, taking large chunks of grass with it. This happened last year as well. Do you think they took the time to repair the damage? NO!

Am I making a big deal about nothing or am I right that it is just plain old rude to be stackin up snow on my customers property because they are just down right lazy! :realmad:

I am seriously considering returning the snow they plowed onto the corner of my entrance back to them. Opinions?
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  2. Orion Rental

Orion Rental Junior Member

id be pissed too, put their snow back on there corners and when they say something ask them for last years sod.
  3. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I would contact the neighboring properties and tell them what the contractors are doing. Tell them that you will have to send them the bill for a trucking charge if the piles get to high. It is thier snow right. :nod:
  4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

find out who is doing it and ask them to stop and to remove the snow back, and get it in writing that they will fix the grass in the spring.

if that doesn't work call the town, i'm sure they can put some pressure on. any security lot footage of what they did?
  5. lumps

lumps Senior Member

It's not just a dick move, it's also illegal to push across roads. Call the property owners, then if it continues, call the cops.
  6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I am going to see what they do after the next storm.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  7. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

that is what i would do only i wouldn't wait until they got to high i would just do it because it is their snow and it don't belong there.
  8. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

You might even get a contract out of it.

RODHALL Senior Member

hand the owner a bill....

10. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

ditto what rodhall said, let the property owner of where the snow is coming form know that you will be charging them to haul the snow away, since it should not be there.
  11. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I would address it NOW not after the next storm!

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

take a phone video watchin them do it then truck it away, then present bill to your customer.
  13. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

i wouldn't bother your customer with the problem, take it either to the contractor or other business.
  14. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

It is against the law to push any snow onto/across any roadway in Michigan.

let the other places know what their contractors are doing and that you will bill them for removal and sod repair if they don't address the situation before the next service..
    Let them know its against the law and you will call the police.
  15. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

We had that happen a few years ago. A contractor, from across the street, pushed 6' of snow on a sidewalk we took care of. We had to bring a machine out to clear it the following night. The next day we talked to the contractor about what he did. He said he was sorry and offerd to pay for the removal. We told him as long as it doesn't happen again not to worry about it. To this day we are freindly and offten talk and BS when we meet in town.
  16. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Here you could contact a by-law officer and they would be ticketed for it. Against the by-laws to push snow across highways / roads
  17. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

In most places it is not only illegal to push across a road but also illegal to dispose of snow on another's property w/o the property owners permission.
  18. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I don't know WHAT I'd do, but right now, just reading this, I think I would go and move the stuff right back, just based on principle, THEN contact the business owners that this is coming from.
  19. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I've had this happen in some lots where the lots are split, two different businesses. I just went over, talked with the other contractor....he was an employee and didn't know he couldn't....I would start there and work my way up if it was me....it didn't take long before the boss showed up to talk.....jmo..
  20. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

boy I must be lucky-here in ohio it happens all the time (residentially)
    I hate when lazy @$(&*%$ ppl drag it into the road & leave it there, or don't fully clean their trailings- I drop my plow & shoot it right back on their prop as I drive by. If in rare cases I push across a street I ALWAYS have the plow off the ground so it doesn't pick up grass or dirt. Here the first 3 ft of yard from the road belongs to the township or city so theres a technicality :)

Now in a parking lot, I'd push it right back into their entrance. I had some a$$hole last year plow out a drive & had a pile 4 ft tall & 8 ft wide & left it right in an alley where I had to plow out a business customer. I plowed that sh!t right back to their side of the alley & the homeowner comes running out yelling at me. I gave him what for & said tell your lazy plow a$$hole to clean up his own mess. yeah he says it wasn't his plow plow guy-hhmmmmm you're the only one plowed here moron.... I hate lazy hillbillies (only the lazy ones :)