1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Keep the ford or chevy??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by hummah2, Jan 4, 2009.

1. hummah2

hummah2 Junior Member

I have a 2001 F250 diesel 250 truck is very strong and is in excellent condition with a western plow. Truck has 80,000 miles and has a ultramount on it
    -
    The other truck is a 2004 2500 chevy GAS vortec engine with 2,000 miles on it and als0 has a western ultramount on it.

:confused::confused:I also have a sander i put in the bed

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

keep F250

you would regret that 7.3L are best diesel

3. Jon Schuler

Jon Schuler Member

I would say keep the ford, I have had all three, not a chevy lately though. Knock on wood the fords have held up way better. If they were of the same year it would not even be any question. We have an 01 with 145k 5.4 and an 03 7.3 with 157k on it still ready to do whatever is asked of them. Chevy for show...ford for work. 80k is just getting worked in for a 7.3,

4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

diesel for sure..

5. abagoz

abagoz Junior Member

Ford, the 7.3L will run for ever! not to mention the truck is much stronger than the Chevy..