1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

keep or sell???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nepagearjammer, Nov 28, 2010.

1. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

got a hell of a deal on a 6'9" MM plow w/ poly cutting edge/ handheld control and 4 port iso. module and wiring...my problem is I want to install on a 88' Cheby 2500. I can fab up a truck mount, but I'm kinda leaning toward selling it and buying a 7'6" or 8'er. Is my truck too much for the 6'9"??

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Thats way to small for a 2500. Perfect for a Jeep though.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sell/trade it. That thing won't even clear the tires when angled. Plus, the push plates are spaced differently. Would take some heavy fab work to make it fit.

4. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

me thinks to sell

yeah, the 7'6" plates are 29 1/8" this is about 24"

5. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

My Boss had a fisher 6.9" on a chevy 1500. It looks so stupid its sad. Angled the truck is wider then the plow. He has 7.5 and 8ft blades sitting around and wont swap it out.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

6'9" is way to small for a 2500. It won't eaven clear the tires. I had an 8' on my 1989 2500 and it worked great. I would suggest you get atleast a 7.5'.

7. deerBgone

deerBgone Junior Member
    from jersey

How old is it and how much do you want for it? I have a Jeep Unlimited and have been toying with the idea of putting a plow on it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010