1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kcress31 Video and picture thread - 2010 Bobcat A300 with 10 ft Kage plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kcress31, Apr 16, 2011.

1. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Made my first video today with my new camera. I was out in our Bocat A300 today and thought some of you guys would like to see what it is like from the inside. We are getting dumped on right now and we are expecting 20 - 30 cm in the next 24 hours. I thought we were done with winter for the year. I will be posting more videos here as I make them so stay tuned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OojAD_hV3U

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. Being able to plow in both directions is very productive.

Keep the snow up there.

3. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Wow looks like you got a lot. Good luck with all the snow as stated earlier please keep it up there.

4. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Here is another video I made last night. This time I put the camera on the windshield and the results were much better. I kept this one short. It is still snowing here and I will be out again tonight. This vid shows the Bobcat backblading and assisting the other machines. I wish I could add some music without getting in trouble with the copyright police. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vxvGYwV5GE

5. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Here is another video of our Bobcat pushing some deep heavy snow. It's only 5 minutes long. I wish I had the camera a month ago when I was stacking snow with our 980 H. Over the next month or so I am hoping to get some videos of a 988 H doing some work. Stay tuned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuQ6QB9lfJA

6. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Snow rolls off that Kage good. Looks like you're paying a fortune for gas up north as well.

7. D Mack

D Mack Member
    from L.I N.Y

I like the sign thats says; "Caution Falling Snow". If you could get that off the building I'll buy it off ya:)

8. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

What was the button you pushed when you turned the skid loader around in the dock area?

9. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

The button I pushed was to switch it from All wheel steering mode to skid steer mode. We run our A 300 in All wheel mode 95 % of the time.

Gas here is rediculous, it hit 1.40 / litre yesterday. Were lucky that only 2 of our trucks are gas.

As far as keeping the snow up north, it looks like the storm we were supposed to get today is going to miss us and hit the Sudbury nickel belt with 25+ cm.

If the sign goes missing Iwill know where to look.

10. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

after seeing the motion of the machine in the 2nd and 3rd video im really amazed at the difference an all wheel steer makes vs skid. you really never loose traction at all. are you running just standard tires?

11. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I ordered the machine new with the bobcat severe duty tires and put about 100 studs in each tire. It gets pretty good traction but I am still considering dedicated snow tires. In the videos that I took that was probably the worst wet slippery snowfall we had for the winter. If I didn't have the studs my machine would have been useless. I have tried plowing in skidsteer mode a few times and boy what a difference the AWS makes.

12. FORDPLOWER1

FORDPLOWER1 Junior Member
    from Ontario

Do you have any videos with the box on? I am very interested in this plow and would like to see how the A300 pushes with a full box. tymusic

13. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Sweet movies. I would also like to see one with the box attached

14. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I will see if I can find a video with the box attached and post it as soon as I can.

15. FORDPLOWER1

FORDPLOWER1 Junior Member
    from Ontario

Just wondering if you have any updates? :popcorn:

16. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Here is a video of our bobcat pushing with the box on. I apologize for the length. It doesn't start (with the box on )until about 4 minutes. This was an unusually slippery and wet snowfall. Normally the bobcat pushes better than this. Right now I am heading out to plow again as we got about 5 - 10 cm last night. Enjoy.

HD link

http://youtu.be/gh4QWSe_Ai4?hd=1

or regular link

http://youtu.be/gh4QWSe_Ai4

17. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

New moto cross video

I have another video to share with you guys. It's not snow related but if you like motocross racing its pretty cool. I had one of my workers sons out on his kx 450 doing some laps on our track we have been working on in our pit for the last few years. Every year we keep making it bigger and better. The one longest jump on the track is about 70 - 100 ft long depending on where you land.

http://youtu.be/OU-r3uppjtM

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  18. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet, love motcross

19. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

great video, he looks like a very good rider.......then he falls......around a easy turn. In all seriousness though, great jumps.

20. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Just purchased some new iron today. Hopefully we will have them in our yard next week and I will post some pics. Once we get it to work I will post some more videos. One loader is a new 2011 Cat 988 H high lift with a 10 yd rock bucket on it. 2 - new 740 B Cat 40 tonne Articulating rock trucks and a new 350 John Deere excavator with a 48 inch rock bucket and a 8000ft/lb hammer.