1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

KC HiLites

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by trfrench, Dec 27, 2008.

1. trfrench

trfrench Junior Member

Does anybody have any experience with KC HiLites? I was just wondering how well they perform and how they last. Does any body have experience ordering throuogh JC Whitney? I never have ordered through them and don't want any problems.
    One more question. I need a light bar and plan on putting it on a back rack in the future. But for now can I buy the light bar I want with magnetic mounts and a cig. plug, then when I get my rack install on it and then hard wire it

2. NickGB

NickGB Senior Member

You should be fine with JC Whitney, although I prefer Jegs or any other retailer. AWDirect has lots of lights and stuff for trucks.

You'll be fine getting a mag mount and then installing it on a backrack later.

3. Petetheo

Petetheo Junior Member

KC made a heck of a light.I bought a few in 1978 for my first 4x4.I bought them directly through them.I must be an antique.

4. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Last time I check they had a 23 year warranty. Kind of an od number, but it's about 22 years and 11 months longer than anyone else's. Btw I don't think you're going to get enough current capacity from a cig plug.

5. NickGB

NickGB Senior Member

With an LED bar you'd be fine...and if it blows a fuse, you know you need more juice! lol

6. trfrench

trfrench Junior Member

I think I am going to get the Whelen mini gaurdian with mag. mounts and cig plug. I would just mount it the roof temporarily. Then when I get my Back Rack I will hard wire it and mount it to the back rack. If that is possible to do. I will also hard wire the extra lights. I wish I could get everything at once but I am laid off right now and don't have $$$$. Plus there's no snow in the forecast.

7. trfrench

trfrench Junior Member

I think will get the KC HiLites that JC Whitney has. Two lights, wire, switch, and a relay for a $ 120.