1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kawi Bayou 360 2 wheel drive

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by kingquadplowman, Dec 7, 2010.

1. kingquadplowman

kingquadplowman Junior Member
    from SW WI

I would like to start out with that I am new to the site. I've been looking at the site for awhile and the knowledge thats on here is awesome!!
    Now for the question: I have an '06 King Quad 700 with a 48" swisher plow. It will do anything I want it to do. My father has an older Bayou 360 2 wheel drive. I have been thinking about making a sort of homemade plow for that so then he can plow his house too. With the vast amount of knowledge here, I figure I will ask the pros on what they think. The Bayou would only be used to do a small driveway and some sidewalk. I know that its a small machine, but it does not do anything now except sit around and collect dust. So any information or tips ya'll have would be great!!

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

It might work, a bit to light. I think they make wheel weights, try adding them to the back tires and see what that does.
  3. johnnyboyupnort

johnnyboyupnort Junior Member
    from Canada

I plow with a Honda Rancher 350 2WD. I have chains and sandbags on the rear racks. The only trouble I run into is when I push snow into the ditch and the machine's center of gravity is too far forward. You should be fine with yours. I am sure bigger and 4WD is better, but I've never had a problem. Angling the blade and momentum can push a lot of snow.
  4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

if you add rear weight and tires chains you'll get by just fine.

It wont be better than sliced bread but will still be a step or 2 above a shovel by hand.