1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kawi 750 Brute Force - Tire PSI Question

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by RichTJ99, Jan 7, 2015.

1. RichTJ99

RichTJ99 Member

What PSI should I have in my tires? I have a Moose 48" plow, Kawi 750 (2011)?

I noticed my tires were almost empty, I filled them to 30psi and I notice now when I am plowing, the tires are slipping like crazy.

Any suggestions on the proper plowing PSI?

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

There should be a label on the ATV that says what the min-max Tire pressure is, I run 8psi in my tires with a 60" Warn Plow.

The reason why you're lacking traction is the tires are over inflated and you don't have full tread contact on the ground. I bet the ride is stiff too.
  3. Mike_

Mike_ Senior Member

I run about 12 psi year round on my UTV and drop it to around 8 when plowing or out in the mud. 30 seems way to high for an ATV.
  4. PHS79

PHS79 Member

30?? Your lucky you didn't have a tire blow up! I run the ATR Holeshots on my Kodiak at 4 psi all year round but they are a 6 ply tire, the stock tires I ran at 8 psi but they were only a 2 ply tire. Most stock tires are 2 ply and with a plow usually require a little bit more than the 5-6 psi that most manufactures recommend.
  5. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

Uh, 5psi max is the stock psi.

Stock tires suck btw, I would run 4.5f and 4r.
  6. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

id say maybe 5-10 in the rears and the fronts around 10-20 to help carry the plow weight.

stock tires?

look up what they are suppose to be per stock run 4-5 psi more in front due to plow weight
  7. rg1

rg1 Junior Member

Stock tires on Honda Foreman 500 with a 54" Warn Provantage plow, I ran 6 lbs. in the front and 4 in the rear. Adding a couple pounds up front to support the plow weight and it makes turning effort less. Now I have Kenda Bear Claw HTR's but haven't had any plowing snow this year in Ky. to test my new tires. The 8 ply radials versus the original bias ply tires and I'm curious what difference it will make?
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015