1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kawasaki prairie 2wd good or bad

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by RD1970, Jun 5, 2010.

1. RD1970

RD1970 Junior Member
    from ohio

I'm looking at possibly buying a 2000 kawasaki prairie 2wd for snow plowing and i'm wondering how well it will work. I have seen a few other 2wd quad with plows and they worked ok and i've seen people use a lawn mower so I figured if they could do i'm sure it could do it but I wanted to get some opinions

2. banksl&s

banksl&s Member

I would go with a 4x4 definitely and preferrabely a 500 cc or bigger. IMHO. You don't always have to use the 4 wheel drive but it is a definite plus when you need it.

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It would work with a 48" plow. You would have to add weight on the back rack and posibly put tire chains on. A full size 4wd would definatly work better.

4. RD1970

RD1970 Junior Member
    from ohio

I know a 4x4 would be better but this one came up for sale local and in my price range I have a 6.5 foot blade on my truck allready and a backhoe for heavy snow removal I am just thinking of using it for light snow remove on smaller driveways and side walks

5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

if its a good price for what the machine is go for it.

stay with a 48" blade and weight on the rear rack and tire chains are a big help.

for light duty it will be fine.

this have a High and Low range?

would want the Low Range for plowing for sure.

sublime out