1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kawasaki for plowing

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by chuck172, Feb 26, 2010.

1. chuck172

chuck172 Member
    from n.j.

I have a 2000 Kawasaki Prairie 300 that I use for logging, pulling a firewood trailer, and just woods riding. I have a need for it to snowplow. It won't be used real hard, I use an F-250 for that, just light plowing.
    Is this quad big enough or should I forget it? What plow should I look to get for it?

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

We have an Arctic Cat 366 that we plow with. Plenty of power and/or speed. Add some ballast to hold you down in the slick.

We run a Cycle Country 48" on that one, works very well, with upgraded wear bar.

3. chuck172

chuck172 Member
    from n.j.

Will 48" cover the tire width? Will I need chains?

4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

my dad has run a Kawi Prairie 300 since 1999 with a CC 48" blade and it has done fine.

I'd stay in the 48-50" blade range.
    CC plow would be fine for it.

just my thoughts

his also gets lot's of wood's duty log skidding and trailer's full of firewood.

I due like the shift on the Kawi's for Foward to Reverse is nice and quick to shuttle shift.

sublime out

5. chuck172

chuck172 Member
    from n.j.

Chains

Are chains necessary?

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Depends on your conditions. Snow-packed and icy... yes. Wet and thinner, prob not. Doesn't hurt to have them around.