1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kauffman trailers ?????

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by jkiser96, Mar 25, 2009.

1. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I am looking at buying a Kauffman tilt trailer, 14,000 GVW rating. I am looking for peoples opinions on these trailers. Thanks guys:drinkup:
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I see a lot of guys at the Minneapolis Auto Auction using their 3 car wedge trailers and every guy I've talked to about them says "good trailer for the price". So I take that to mean it's not the best available but it's good enough.
  3. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

I work with a guy that has a 18ft deckover 15000 with the pop up dove tail. Its an alright trailer for the money. I personally stick with cronkhite, belshe, brooksbrothers, the bigger name in trailers because you get what you pay for. If you wouldn't use it everyday then its probably a good deal.
  4. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

I looked into buying from them, seemed like good trailer. Accually they told me they are on of the biggest manufactuing co of trailers. I think most are made about the same, good luck with it
  5. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

I had one custom built by them and drove down to the factory to pick it up....Great trailer and very nice people to deal with...
  6. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

I had a 14K Kaufman deckover tilt....pretty heavy duty but didn't haul that well....tracking was mediocre....other trailers I have owned did much better over the road.

Just purchased a new Cam Superliner 16K deckover semi-tilt 24' long....really nice trailer....fit finish light etc. top shelf....was pricey but quality seems well worth it.

Check out Cam....will be worth your time.