1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kansas salt mines

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jay brown, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

any idea when the Kansas salt mines will be caught up and let some of the salt loose and start filling thier contracts?

2. laker

laker Junior Member

i order a truck load the week of christmas.. It was delivered today at 4pm.

kane

3. Jay brown

can i ask where you got it from? did you have it contracted from an earlier date or just call a broker up?

4. Jay brown

mowing at the lake....looks like your one of the first members, how come you don't post much? just getting back into it?

5. laker

laker Junior Member

i get it from northamerican salt. I believe it comes out of lyons ks???
    A good friend of mine ownes a water softner co. and got me hooked up with them.

I was told that they got 10 days behind after all the ice ( the bagging plant lost power for a week).

I've been a member longer over @ lawnsite... But got tired of the 12-15 year olds telling the world how to run their business.

I think it was better when it was a smaller fourm. And would gladly pay a yearly fee not to have to listen to the b.s from the youngsters.

It's not nearly as bad over here as the lawn side.

kane